Sometimes things don’t turn out the way we expect. Christine Hassler, author of Expectation Hangover: Overcoming Disappointment in Work, Life, and Love, shares her best tips for dealing with the disappointments of life.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The rock bottom moment that led Christine out of the deep depression and massive expectation hangover and into dedicating her life to helping other people do the same.
- Why challenging moments aren't just things to get over or get through, and we we should allow ourselves time to suffer a little bit.
- The power of vulnerability, and the one thing other people really want from you.
- The big difference between goals, intentions and expectations and what we’re all really chasing after when set a goal.
- The ineffective—and sometimes dangerous—ways we numb out “bad” feelings, and why pain and disappointment are usually a good thing in the end.
- What surfers can teach us about processing our emotions, and why temper tantrums aren’t just for little kids anymore.
- Is your story just attracting your undesired circumstances? How to change your story to start to attract more things that you really want.
- The biggest gift we can give to a future partner (and to ourselves!)
- Why forgiving another person is never really about the other person, and how we can free ourselves from the past.
- What’s your super power? How to identify your "super powers" and strengthen your intuition to make life easier and more enjoyable.
- Learn more about Christine at www.christinehassler.com.
Hosted by Sean Croxton